Love a Little.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Disappointment

So, I am an avid Glee fan. Because of this, I never miss an episode. Last night, as always, my husband and I settled down on the couch to watch our DVR recorded Glee. As I watched this week's episode, I have to say that I grew more and more saddened with the content. First off, I want to make sure and say that I am not close-minded, and I am not judgmental...however, the overall theme of last night's episode was surprising.
I work with kids all day long...teenage kids. I love to see them think that see their minds process new information, but one thing I don't like to see in them is struggle and grief. As I sat in my home watching one hour of one of my favorite shows, I realized that everyday my kids are being exposed to things that will cause them grief and struggle in their future...if not sooner.
The devil is sly. He is cunning, and he is conniving. He will do anything...ANYTHING to capture the minds and hearts of everyone, and it is easiest for him to prey on the young. Slowly, but surely, we are allowing evil and ungodly things into our minds...the minds of our teens...through the media. As I watched that episode last night, I realized just how sneaky the devil really is.
It reminds me of the frog and boiling water analogy...
If you were to place a frog in a pot of boiling water, the frog would immediately jump out. But, if you put a frog in a pot of room temperature water and slowly turned up the heat, the frog would boil to death before it realized that the water was boiling.
This analogy reminds me of our world. We don't see our own faults...until it is too late--until the water is boiling. We allow these indecent, immoral acts to be ingested into our bodies everyday through TV shows, music, Comedy, etc... We allow these things, and we don't realize that they are infecting us and everyone around us. Little by little the devil is sneaking in until...all of a sudden...our water will be boiling, and there won't be anything we can do about it.
It is really easy to say things like, "This won't affect me," "It is bad...but it is just so funny..." I just feel like we are kidding ourselves. I want to change. I want to not support shows, music...whatever...like these. Because, the more I support them, we support them, the more gruesome they will become. What will we do?
BB.

No comments:

Post a Comment