Love a Little.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Random...

My Uncle Eddie is going to France tomorrow. I have to admit that I am insanely jealous. You see, we spent our honeymoon in France, and I would give anything to go back...well, not anything, but you know what I mean.

I received an amazing email today from Tim--the Guyana trip planner. He was pleased to inform me that my trip balance was paid in full. PAID IN FULL! I talked to two men from my home church last night on the phone, and one of them had called him this morning and said that he wanted to pay for the whole trip. God is so amazing, and people are so incredible. I want to thank Dan for his generous and Godly heart. I feel as though a burden has been lifted. I wasn't "worried" about getting the money...but I was. :) I didn't realize how much so until I received that email this morning. I shouted out loud in my English Honors class and clapped my hands. I am sure they thought I was going crazy, but I am also sure it wouldn't be the first time they thought that.
Today marked school day #7 with no AC in our classrooms. You see, there are 3 of us teachers in one portable classroom building, and our AC has been broken since Fridays a week ago...It has been insanely hot, and I have some large Junior boys come in and out of my room. Needless to say, they have not quite kept their complaints to themselves. :) For the past week or so, my room has been so sticky I am surprised we are not all wilted and unable to function. Oh wait... :) I have gotten very skillful at tying my door open with an old computer cord, and if you place the big box fan in the doorway, it pulls in the cooler air from outside. It's rather nice. But, I am very thankful to have a job and a room to teach in, so I guess I should just can it. But, it has been hot...we are all inclined to some complaints, right?
Chris gave Lewis a bath tonight. We noticed some fleas on him, so that can only mean 2 things...Spring is here, and it is bath time!! I always laugh out loud when Lewis comes bounding into the living room after his bath. You would think he was out of control. He shakes and sneezes like a maniac. It is rather entertaining. Maybe I will record it next time because it is the same every time.
Alright. Goodnight All.
BB.

No comments:

Post a Comment