Love a Little.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

March 20--Day 3

This morning, James and Kim made us pancakes, and they had some of that AHH-MAZZZIIING pineapple! :) Also, I was super blessed to have a cup of coffee. I stood on the porch for a little bit and drank my coffee. I just looked out over the school grounds, and I prayed that God would make me feel something. I feel like I have been super self-absorbed for the first part of the tip, and I know that it is the devil. I have been looking forward to this trip for a while..well, since we left last year. I know that the devil is trying to use this to make me stumble. I have felt so whiney--I'm hot; I'm hungry; I'm tired...see the trend? I'll give you a guess; it all contains the word "I." So, I just prayed this morning that God would overcome that and touch me--touch my heart.
So, right now I am sitting at church. Of course, I can't understand a word this wonderful, Christian man is saying. I am sure he worked really hard on his lesson, and I am sure it is excellent; I just wish I could understand him.

We ended up leaving church after class and communion. And, we went to eat at Charley's. Just like last year, I had chicken with BBQ sauce, rice, beans, potato salad, tomato and cucumber and lettuce and break. And, just like last year, I took a picture of my plate. :) When we left Charleys, we went back to the Bracken's house to pack up our stuff and head to the hotel. After all the kids called their parents to let them know we were safe, we left for...THE BEACH! I was a little apprehensive about going back to the beach this year. I mean, last year's trip to the beach was almost a complete disaster. But, James and Kim talked us into it, so we gave in and decided to give it one more try. The funny thing is that our bus pulled up right where we had last year--right where I said, "NO WAY--we are NOT getting out here." The exact same place! Can you believe that? But, there were no dirty dancers and no drunk people with naked babies. I guess that they only do those awesome things on holidays like Easter. Because Easter is the perfect holiday to celebrate all things pagan and worldly. Despite a few scantly clad women in partial bathing suits and a man in a speedo--an older man-- the beach was nothing like last year. Atlantic, Pacific--doesn't matter--the ocean is always beautiful. Chris and I climbed the rocks (in flipflops) to the top where a cross was. It was so incredibly beautiful up there. The wind was blowing, and every once and a while, the waves sprayed us. Ahhh...it was breathtaking. After we climbed down and then back up, James did a devo for us on top of the rock. Then, we sang. At first we were a little timid--there were several Nicaraguans up there with us--most of them half-naked. As we sang, there were more people who came up to watch the sunset. After we sang a few songs, we circled up and sang some more. It was absolutely wonderful! We stood on top of that huge rock, the ocean spraying and wind blowing, sunsetting--and we sang praises to God. I haven't praised like that in a long while. After the sunset, we went to a restaurant at a hotel on the beach. We ate and looked at the ocean. Chris bought me some really pretty seashell necklaces. I ate fried shrimp, and it was really good!
BB.

No comments:

Post a Comment