Love a Little.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Nice...

I am not usually a fan of dealing with Customer Service. Whether it is cell phone, computer, cable, credit card, etc., Customer Service Representatives are usually really nice until you tell them you need their help. Then, it becomes an entirely different story. For instance, today we sat down to watch TV, and over 1/2 of our channels didn't work. So, thinking it was a mistake, we dialed the number on the screen. Well, it wasn't a mistake. As of March 1, our cable company evidently changed all their packaging and just turned off our channels. No warning, no mention of it on our bill. The man on the phone had an incredible attitude, and he was of no help. The supervisor did not care to keep or not keep us, so we just cancelled our entire subscription. Needless to say, he didn't care. I feel like this exact issue is what is wrong with America and its businesses. Everybody thinks they are the most important and that no one is as important as them. They only care about one thing....money (you probably guessed that before I even typed it). If they have money coming in, the don't care who you are or what you have to say. They treat you like a number, an account, and they give you nothing. I would like to think that if I ran a business, I would care about the people who PAID me to do a good job. I wish all Customer Service interactions could be like one I had 2 weeks ago.
2 weeks ago, I received a call from my credit card company. Evidently, some jerk had swiped my credit card number somewhere or somehow and had spent $1600 on the Internet. My credit card company had frozen my account and contacted me to make sure I was the one who had spent the money. I was not. I told them I was not, and they cancelled my old card and sent me a new one...just like that. I didn't have to fight with them or try and prove my innocence, they just trusted me and helped me. I am proud to own a Discover Card, and I am proud to say that the Customer Service at Discover is excellent and....nice. Nice seems to be a lost art most of the time.
BB.

No comments:

Post a Comment