Love a Little.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

March 22--Day 5

I woke up feeling awful today--absolutely terrible! My head hurts, and my throat hurts. I think my lymph nodes are going to explode out of my neck. We got to have breakfast at the hotel, but they stuck us in the basement instead of the hut outside--BOO! The good was still good, but I was so looking forward to eating outside. After breakfast, we came to the school. We got approved to paint a little while the kids are at school, so the girls got straight to work. Hannah is a trim champ! She trimmed the whole bottom part of the back of Building 2, and it was awesome!
I was really happy that Amy had some Dayquil; it helped soooo much, and I took it approximately every 4 hours! Recess was wonderful. I just sat and held a little girl named Lesley almost the entire time. She just hugged on me, and I held her and loved her. It was a wonderful and magnificent feeling. I would like to take her home with me!! :) Maybe I could put her in my suitcase... :) After recess, we just painted some more trim and then started getting ready for lunch. Lunch was hotdogs and PB&J. After lunch, we got to painting some more. We got SO much more done that yesterday. We almost finished the first 2 buildings. Carly and I finished painting the end of Building 2--It was in the sun, and the neon green paint did not help the vision problem--every time I looked up to paint, I was blinded. Tyler lent me me his sunglasses--which helped A LOT, and Chris showed up just when I didn't think I could paint anymore, and he finished the wall for us. And, he game me the last 1/2 of his Fresca. :) :) I tried really hard today to have a better attitude and be more adult-like, and I think I did a better job. After we left the school, we went back to the hotel to shower and get ready for dinner. Emily came to me and told me that my mom wanted me to call her. I thought it was weird, but I went and called her anyway. Turns out, it was bad news, but I would rather leave this out of my blog. After we got cleaned up. we went to the Bracken's house for supper. They made us taco salad, and I have to say that I was not looking forward to taco salad. It is just so hot that I wanted something light, but the taco salad was muy bueno! After we ate, we had devo outside. We brought chairs out, and we circled up, and we turned off the lights. We just sang and talked. I really liked that our bus driver--Carlos--had dinner with us and sat with us during devo. We all did the best we could to communicate with him, but it was very difficult for me. We sang one of the Spanish songs we sort of know during the devo, but as soon as we started singing it, his phone rang, and he got up to get it, so...we sang it again when he got back. :)
I talked to mom when I got back to the hotel, and I tried to call Brittany 3 times. I just ended up leaving her a voicemail. But, I did get to talk to Elizabeth--which made me feel better about being away. I played some Banagrams, and then I went to sleep. The Benadryl helped.
BB.

No comments:

Post a Comment